PI Schools Year 1 (School Improvement)
For a PowerPoint on Schools in PI Years 1 & 2, click here.
For a downloadable list of the full information summarized below, click here.
- Complete the Academic Program Survey (APS), Inventory of Services and Supports (ISS) for students with disabilities and the English Learner Subgroup Self Assessment (ELSSA) with assistance from your District and RSDSS support.
- Within three months of identifying for improvement, revise the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) using the results of the APS, ISS, ELSSA. Implement the revised SPSA by the beginning of the school year or immediately upon the approval of the revised SPSA if approved after the beginning of the school year.
- Allocate 10 percent of the school's Title I funds to provide high quality professional development to address the reasons a school is identified for improvement. In addition, set aside 20% of the LEA's Title I, Part A allocation for transportation costs associated with the transfer option.
- Incorporate research-based strategies to strengthen core academic areas and address specific academic issues that caused the school to be identified.
- Notify parents of PI identification and public school choice with paid transportation options within 14 days of notification of PI status. For a sample letter for PI Year One Schools, click here. Translations in other languages are available at the CDE website.
- Drive the effort for school improvement by analyzing and providing student data, providing training to school staff
- Create a DSLT if not done previously to complete a comprehensive needs assessment.