PI Schools Year 3 (Corrective Action)
For a PowerPoint on Schools in PI Year 3, click here.
For a downloadable list of the full information summarized below, click here.
- Continue to allocate 10 percent of the school's Title I, Part A, funds to provide high-quality professional development to address the reasons the school is identified for improvement. In addition, set aside 20% of the LEA's Title I, Part A allocation for transportation costs associated with the transfer option and Supplemental Education Services.
- Participate with the District and School Liaison Team (DSLT) and local educational agency (LEA) in completing the Year 3 Corrective Action Protocol.
- Revise and monitor the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) using results from the Academic Program Survey (APS), District Assistance Survey (DAS), Inventory of Support and Services (ISS), English Learner Subgroup Self Assessment (ELSSA), and current data based on the outcomes from the previous year incorporating the corrective action option.
- Continue to collaborate with LEA to improve student achievement.
- Notify parents of PI identification and public school choice with paid transportation options within 14 days of notification of PI status. For a sample letter for PI Year Three Schools, click here. Translations in other languages are available at the CDE website.
- Select and implement at least one of the following corrective actions for each PI Year 3 school:
- Replace the school staff relevant to the failure to make AYP.
- Institute and fully implement a new curriculum that is based on scientifically based research and offers substantial promise of improving educational achievement for low-achieving students and enabling the school to make AYP.
- Provide, for all relevant staff, appropriate, scientifically research-based professional development that is likely to improve academic achievement of low-performing students.
- Significantly decrease management authority at the school level.
- Appoint an outside expert to advise the school on its progress.
- Extend the school year or school day for the school.
- Restructure the internal organizational structure of the school.